The Relationship Between pH And Weight Loss
The relationship between pH and weight loss is something rarely talked about. There are thousands of weight loss programs out there but very few talk about pH, and the significant effects of being acidic or alkaline.
The body functions best, meaning the millions of chemical reactions, production of enzymes, production of hormones, and an optimal functioning immune system when the pH of the body is between 6.4-7.0. Over 50% of the population, if you tested them with a pH strip would show up being acidic, ranging from 5.0-5.5. The tissues and fluids in the body should ideally be between 6.4 and 7.0, if below 6.4 it is considered acidic, if above 7.0 it is considered alkaline. It is very rare in today’s society with stress and very poor nutrition that anyone is more on the alkaline side. For all of those people who are acidic here are the reasons why it is no good:
- It leads to poor digestion and major digestive issues like reflux, gastritis, colitis and ulcers.
- It drains your body’s energy
- It prevents your body from burning fat, keeping you in a fat storage phase.
- It causes massive inflammation, increasing joint aches and pains, and irritating auto-immune conditions.
- Acidity depletes mineral stores in the body, most American diets are deficient in minerals anyway so this is really bad news. The body will leach minerals out which can lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis.
- It increases heavy metal toxicity, you can’t get rid of these toxins which are stored in fat so you can’t burn fat as efficiently.
- An acidic environment allows bacteria and viruses to flourish, people who get sick all the time may have an acidity problem.
- A pH of 5.0-5.5 causes significant irritation to the thyroid and parathyroid glands. This can effect the body in multiple ways giving symptoms of hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashimoto’s disease and more.
The solution to a very low pH or high acidity in the body is to remove all of the foods causing this in the first place which are sugar, red meat, processed foods, fried foods, soda’s, dairy and soy. This should be a monitored program using an alternative health doctor, chiropractor or nutritionist. In order for the body to turn into a fat burning machine it is very important to eat foods that increase alkalinity or raise the pH of the body. One should always eat alkaline producing foods for breakfast because that is when the body is in the elimination phase, and good bowel movements are key to getting rid of fat and toxins. For breakfast make a shake consisting of spinach, kale, berries, avocado, cacao, wheat grass andspirulina and almond milk. Then for lunch eat a balanced meal and at the end of it eat a handful of raw vegetables. For dinner do the same, and remember to eat a handful of raw vegetables. This diet will allow the body to start moving more towards a pH of 6.4-7.0 and becoming more alkalizing. pH and weight loss go hand and hand, one just has to be on the right side of the equation. Take a look at the over 50% of Americans who are over weight and struggling to lose those extra pounds, the foods they are eating are causing them to be acidic and unhealthy, it is as simple as that.
Please don’t confuse being healthy with being super alkaline and that one should drink 9.0 water everyday, that is not the point here. A pH over 7.0 or being too alkaline is not good for optimizing health either. When the body is in a more alkaline state everything taken into the body will be processed, absorbed and certain toxins eliminated within a 24 hour time period. Think of how many people suffer with constipation and holding in toxins for days or weeks sometimes, most likely these folks are acidic among other problems they might have with their liver, gallbladder and gut health.